Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Old Friends in New Places!

Well, we've been in our new home about 11 months now. Almost a year. We've made new friends in the neighborhood, school and church and it's all good...but last week I had a wonderful, amazing and exciting thing happen! I am working with the Cub Scouting program in our church, and I attended what they call the "Roundtable" meeting..No knights, or swords or anything, just poor ol' Cub Leaders old, young, experienced, and new, gathering together to learn more about scouting.

I was approached by a nice gentleman who said I had a nice voice, and would I mind being in a little skit to show the leaders what they can do for their Pack Meetings...Sure, why not I thought, so I did. They called me up, and I did my thing...then when I went to sit down I hear this little voice yell out, "Lari!"I turned to see this sweet little lady, waving wildly at me, so I thought I'd better go over and see her and find out who the heck she is! "It's me Jeanette!" she yelled out. Still waving madly.

Hmmm, Jeanette, Jeanette...as I looked at her, a flash of a younger similar face crossed my mind...JEANETTE! It suddenly dawned on me! IT was a long lost friend, I had known her family for years, her mother was my English Teacher!! She had a sister my age, who is married now with 7 kids! One my sister's age, who sadly hasn't married yet, and Jeanette! Who was about 2 years younger and was the cute, cudly, little tag-along that we all loved!! I hadn't seen her since I had gotten married, and that was 25 years ago!

I was so excited to see someone from my past, someone who knew me and knew who I was...It was marvelous. We began to talk, my husband was there so I introduced her. She mentioned so many experiences we had that I all but forgot! It was so much fun to talk and reminice. I love seeing old friends, it reminds me that the world is smaller than we think, and that the Lord has his hand in everything we do, things happen for a reason, moving here was something we weren't expecting to do, but many things have fallen into place since we arrived, and it's all wonderful!!

No comments: