Thursday, April 15, 2010

Patience in Waiting...

I have always thought the idea of "Ladies in Waiting" was rather silly. I mean who are they waiting for, or what for that matter!? I guess the waiting means to wait on something, like a waitress who waits on tables. But as of today, I feel like a lady in waiting! Well, I'm waiting anyway. The company my husband works for filed bankruptcy over a year ago. Thankfully he was able to keep his job, other's were not so lucky. He was told months ago that a bid from another company was coming to buy out their group. Well, about two months ago the bid came through. But, offers needed to go out to the employees to make it official for them to crossover to the other side. He's been waiting for an offer from this company for several months now...can I say, "Gentleman in Waiting!" They first told us April 6th, then April 14th, now they've pushed it back to April 25th! When will the waiting end!?
We'd just like to know if he still has a job or if he's gotta start huffing it and hit the pavement! It's not like they are without work, he's been keeping busy with enough work for two people. So, why the long dragged out conclusion to this saga...Apparently the new company cannot decide who to keep and who to let go. Hey, I can tell them, keep my husband!! I have tosay he's been pretty calm about it all, just rolling with the punches, I mean what else can ya do!? We've had our share of joblessness and worries, and so this isn't new, but it's been a long time since we were without employment. Just like Maria VonTrapp, I do believe that wherever God closes a door, he also opens a window. It's just finding the window that is the problem!
So, we'll be patient and wait till April 25th. Hopefully we will no longer be "Ladies in Waiting" and will be "Lords a leaping" for joy at the fact that we still have a job, or...One of the many unemployed looking for work again. Either way, I'd like to know, and sooner rather than later! *sigh*
I'll keep ya posted of further developments!

No comments: